A facelift procedure helps Charlotte, NC patients by tightening the skin and reducing the appearance of folds and sagging. When performed by a skilled surgeon who understands your anatomy and aesthetic goals, a facelift can effectively smooth away the following concerns
Skin continually changes with time. Therefore, once you’ve achieved the rejuvenating benefits of a facelift, you can help maintain your more youthful appearance by following these easy tips:
- Wear sunscreen. The sun’s UV rays can harm the skin and accelerate the aging process. Wearing sunscreen after a facelift will help prevent brown spots and discoloration.
- Drink plenty of water. The skin is an organ, and it needs water to function correctly. After a facelift, it’s particularly important to stay well hydrated so the skin can maintain moisture and extend the benefits.
- Stick to a skincare routine. To help skin retain its youthful look; it’s essential to follow a post-surgery skincare routine.
- Foods such as citrus fruit, strawberries, and broccoli are ideal for clean skin, while salmon and dark chocolate help prevent wrinkles. After surgery, reducing sugar, milk, and spicy foods can help maintain a new, beautiful appearance.
- Quit smoking. Smoking leads to complications in surgery and slow down recovery, but it can also negatively affect the longevity of your facelift. Smoking displaces oxygen in your skin, reduces blood flow, and depletes many essential nutrients.
While you may be willing to undergo the procedure, there are currently several changes, and Dr. Freeman, instead of a face-to-face consultation, is conducting virtual consultations so that patients do not waste time. While this may appear inconvenient, it can eventually speed up the process as Dr. Freeman, with double certification; can initiate his analysis before he performs an in-depth skin examination.
If you are ready for the next step, please contact Dr. Freeman and arrange a virtual consultation with Charlotte’s most experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. Freeman. He is the best expert for a facelift and can provide further advice about before and during the procedure and more to help you recover faster.